Plans of the Site
The opening of the Hospital
Records show that the foundations of the hospital were laid in 1746 based on plans drawn up and approved in 1745. Although the front block of buildings was not completed until 1754. It appears that part of the centre block was ready for occupation a little earlier, and such was the urgency for accomodation that on 10th october 1753, the board of Admirality issued the Order for the admission of up to one hundred patients.
|Click images to enlarge|
|This plan is of the front of the hospital, presumably shortly after completion. It possibly dates to 1756.|
|Another plan showing the details of the Royal Hospital Haslar. A chapel added to this plan to be St. Lukes Church (unknown date)|